Pahrump, Nevada, located about 60 miles west of Las Vegas, is a popular spring and fall destination for snowbirds and nomads. Nevada, for its part, is also becoming increasingly popular with nomads as a domicile state thanks to its lack of income tax.
There are plenty of RV parks in and around Pahrump, as well as abundant boondocking on BLM land around Nye County. It is not always the easiest place to find nomad-friendly services though. We have been coming here for around three years now and wanted to share what we have learned with anyone else who may be visiting Pahrump.
The business listings below include a website link whenever possible. All addresses include a link to Google Maps for easy navigation.
- Spence’s Mobile Auto Repair – The best mechanic in the U.S. Honest. Spencer is our trusted mechanic that we work with whenever possible.
- Walmart Supercenter, 300 S. Highway 160 (Google Maps)
- Smith’s Food and Drugs, 601 S. Highway 160 (Google Maps)
- Albertson’s, 200 S. Highway 160 (Google Maps)
- Goodwill, 1201 Loop Road (Google Maps)
- Salvation Army, 240 Dahlia Street (Google Maps)
- Dollar Tree, 1360 E. Highway 3 (Google Maps)
- Dollar General, 2750 Highway 160 (Google Maps)
- Family Dollar, 100 Dahlia Street (Google Maps); 1990 W Bell Vista Ave (Google Maps); 2891 W. Charleston Park Ave (Google Maps)
There are multiple gas stations around Pahrump, including many along Highway 160. There are not any Flying J, Pilot, or Love’s truck stops, however.
There are multiple restaurants and fast food places in Pahrump. Many are located along Highway 160.
There are several casinos in Pahrump, along with a number of businesses that have gaming.
- Pahrump Nugget, 681 S. Highway 160 (Google Maps)
- Gold Town Casino – 771 South Frontage Road (Google Maps)
- Dotty’s – 3610 Highway 160, Suite 403 (Google Maps)
There are multiple self-serve, filtered water vending stations in Pahrump. A number of these water stations may be found along Highway 160.
- Liberty Ice Works, 171-2 S Frontage Road (20-25 cents/gallon) – Water and ice, helpful staff inside store if you need change (Google Maps)
- Kiosk near Smith’s – (20-25 cents/gallon) (Google Maps)
- Glacier Water at Smith’s, 601 S. Highway 160 – (20-25 cents/gallon) (Google Maps)
- Glacier Water at Albertson’s, 200 S. Highway 160 – (20-25 cents/gallon) (Google Maps)
- Walmart – 300 S. Highway 160 (39 cents/gallon) (Google Maps)
- Home Depot – 301 N Highway 160 (Google Maps)
- Pahrump Rentals & Hardware, 101 S. Frontage Road (Google Maps)
Trash & Recyling
- Nye County Landfill, 1631 E. Mesquite Avenue (Google Maps)
- Walmart, 300 S. Highway 160 – Roll-Off Recycling Containers in Parking Lot (Google Maps)
There are a number of retail stores that offer propane cylinder exchanges in Pahrump. The AmeriGas location is one place where you are able to have your own cylinders refilled.
We have only found one laundromat in Pahrump.
There are several car washes in Pahrump. One that we have used is Pahrump Wash because it is easy to access and has high bays for RVs and campers.
- Pahrump Wash, 2201 E. Postal Drive (Google Maps)
- Horizon Market, 961 Linda Street – (Google Maps)
Mail & Packages
Pahrump has a U.S. Post Office location as well as with several mail forwarding/package receiving services.
- USPS, 2300 E. Postal Drive (Google Maps)
- Mail, Messages, and More, 1970 N. Leslie Street (Google Maps)
- UPS Store, 150 S. Highway 160, Suite 8 (Google Maps)
- Petrack Park, 150 Highway 160 (Corner of Hwy 160 & E. Basin Ave) (Google Maps)
- Discovery Park (Nature Preserve), 1170-1180 Pahrump Valley Blvd. (Google Maps)
- Ian Deutch Memorial Park, 1600 Honeysuckle Street (Google Maps)
- Calvada Eye, Walt Williams Drive (Google Maps)
We hope that this list is helpful if you are not already familiar with the services in Pahrump, but plan to visit soon.
Have you already visited Pahrump? If so, what are your favorite places in Pahrump? What are your favorite places for spring and fall stops while migrating to and from snowbird destinations.
POST UPDATE (from YT viewer Gina Clagg):
Soooo glad you mentioned the museum. I love that place it and not many folks know about it. The other things to do there are the the family owned Wineries, (just beautiful) and that new Spring Mountain Lake and Racetrack. They have a corvette race track and you can also rent jet packs there. My favorite place to eat is Mountain Springs Saloon. It’s on top of the mountain on 160 between Vegas and Pahrump. They have an outdoor area behind the saloon where you can order food. Oh my yummmmm!! Dress warm though. Seating is outside And it gets chilly up there. On the seedier side of town, there are brothel tours…that’s all I’m gonna say about that.??